9:39AM WIN OR DIE. Dallas Mavericks leads with seven after a Shawn Marrion put-back.
9:45AM FINALLY brought the Starbucks tumbler I have been meaning to use in the office.
9:49AM LeBron James commits an offensive against – of all people – JJ Barea. The hell is he thinking?!
9:51AM Dirk Nowitzki makes a three-point basket gives Mavs a 6-point lead in the third chapter of the all-important Game 6. 72-56.
9:52AM James gets the ball but loses the ball in the fast break. Mavs last touch. Wade DOING all his best to give his team a fighting chance. He seems to be losing his temper after getting called an offense against Brian Cardinal. Keep it cool. Lazy Butt James is having another personal meltdown.
9:57AM Gloria Estafan rooting for Miami. Let us hear it from the original Miami Sound Machine! Gloria Estefan>Jennifer Lopez.
9:58AM Udonis Haslem sinks both freebies cuts lead to 5.
10:00AM Black coral probe in the Senate. Haslem rebound results to another offensive put-back. Jason Terry answers back with a high-looping drive. Looking for Tyson Chandler. He’s sitting in the bench after committing 4 fouls.
10:01AM Juwan Howard fouls Marion. Freebies. 76-71, Mavs.
10:03AM 58% foul-throw shooting for the Heat. Jason Kidd punishes them with a 3 on the other end. Score stands at 79-71 for the Mavs. James misses first but makes second freebie. Awful shooting.
10:05AM Twitter Trending: Dear Dirk. Sample: “Dear Dirk, with all these bricks, you could start working on a house for someone.” FUNNY.
10:09AM Erik Spoelstra emphasizing MENTAL STABILITY. Hoping James is listening. Haslem gets fouled. 81-73, Mavs.
10:11AM Wade making things happen. Drives strong gets fouled but misses a freebie. Cursed or something? 81-75, Mavs.
10:12AM Mario Chalmers fishes a foul on Nowtzki. Shooting freebies. SLOWLY CLIMBING. Doing it despite a mental fart from James.
10:13AM Wade is DOING EVERYTHING. But Barea SILENCES THE CROWD. Then gets the rebound on the end of the court. Terry steals the ball. Haslem fouls him.
10:19AM Stopping. Popping. TERRY SCORES. Double-digit lead. Heat turns the ball over.
10:20AM James MISSES EVERYTHING. Did not hit even the back iron. Mavs side: Barea whizzes past the defense for another basket.
10:25AM If James misses that offensive put-back, the Heat should sell his contract for a discount after the series.
10:26AM Nowitzki scores. Wade gets stripped. Velociraptor recovers the ball and scores plus a foul. Chalmers steals the ball. Forces a basket. Chandler blocks him. Mavs ball.
10:33AM IS THE GAME SLIPPING FROM THE HEAT?
10:34AM The hell is Chalmers thinking? Nowitzki scores.
10:35AM James did not fought for the loose ball. Michael Jordan is LAUGHING SOMEWHERE. “He is supposed to inherit MY MANTLE?!”
10:36AM DAMN. NOWITZKI. CUBAN STOOD UP.
10:37AM “LeBron is terrible!” — Joseph Yeo
10:39AM TERRY KILLS HEAT WITH ANOTHER JUMPER. James also scored.
10:40AM James bricks a three. Some fans are leaving the arena. The bloggers WILL BE HAVING A FIELD DAY.
10:41AM Dear Dirk: Congratulations!
10:42AM 18.8 seconds to go before LEBRON JAMES CRY.
10:43AM Chalmers hits a three after a Spoelstra time-out. Heat putting up some press. TOO LATE. TOO FREAKIN’ LATE.
10:44AM There it goes. MAVS ARE THE CHAMPS!
10:50AM David Stern presenting the Larry O’ Brien and the Bill Russell MVP. Dirk deserves it even of he bricked a lot of shots tonight. Rick Carlisle Oh. Mark Cuban requested the Stern to dedicate the their first championship to Mavs first owner. CLASSY.
10:52AM “This team has so much heart. So much dedication.” — Mark Cuban
10:53AM “I have an announcement: our owner is now available for interviews.” — Rick Carlisle. THEORY: Successful coaches has a CELEBRITY LOOK-ALIKE. Phil Jackson = Jerry Garcia. Pat Riley = Gordon Gekko. Rick Carisle = Jim Carrey.
10:54AM Dirk wins it.
10:56AM “I just can’t believe the journey.” — Jason Kidd. Congratulations. Your career did not Malone.
IN THE TWITTER SIDE OF THINGS:
- “Congrats Dallas!” — Maria Menounos
- “Y’all gonna let me have it. Bring it. See @KingJames and @dwadeofficial this what happens when I believe. Still proud of y’all.” — Marlon Wayans
- “Congratulations Dallas Mavericks.” — Donna Brazile
- “Not your fault Spoelstra. LeBron just can’t do it.” — Boyet Sison
- “The Decision is history. Let the Derision begin.” — Andy Borowitz
- “Dallas! Kidd gets his first chip. Hell. Yes.” — Ali Peek
- “Shunga mo, LeBron. Umuwi ka na!” — IC Mendoza
- “Oh well. I’m happy for Jason Kidd. The Kidd is now a man.” — Paolo Valenciano
- “Dirk, Kidd, Terry and Barea just showed everyone the kind of heart you need to have to win a championship. Congratulations, Dallas. 105-95.” — Chesca Litton
- “Iiyak na si Dirk.” — Gabe Mercado
- “Can I say that again? NO RING FOR THE KING. Mission accomplished. Thank you Mavericks.” — The Professional Heckler
- “Dirk. Damn. So much respect for him now.” — Nic Belasco
- “Congrats to my wife and her favorite, the Mavs.” — Ogie Alcasid
- “People be sippin’ on that haterade. Don’t hate the player. Hate the team that didn’t win.” — Demi Lovato
- “Congrats to the Dallas Mavs! They played with Inigo Montoya perseverance. Dirk has a kind energy. I LOVE RAISIN OATMEAL COOKIES!” — Josh Groban
- “What an awesome NBA season. Didn’t expect the outcome to be like this. But that’s why I love the game.” — Brian Viloria
- “Miami Cold.” — Matt Besser
- “Still proud of you, Coach Spo! Heat will be back. Hopefully, wiser, stronger and tougher.” — Noli Eala
- “Congrats to the World Champion Dallas Mavericks!” — Kenny Smith
FINAL SCORE: 105-96
KEY STAT: THE HEAT JUST GAVE UP. THERE.
Post-script: “In the movie theater, I put my phone on LeBron mode so it wouldn’t RING.” — YouTube user
…and a FUNNY blog post from The New York Times.